Funding for Assessment Projects
We can provide funding for your assessment projects. These funds can provide resources to help departments:
- Review departmental outcome assessment practices.
- Create innovative pilot projects that explore new assessment methods and practices.
- Get additional training in outcome assessment.
A department may receive more than one grant, and more than one person may submit proposals for a department. Several departments may choose to collaborate and submit a joint proposal.
Here are the general requirements for the funding proposal. Please contact us for additional details.
- A definition of the problem or challenge to be addressed. Discuss how this project advances the department's assessment work. List all expected outcomes of the project.
- Provide detailed descriptions of the proposed activities and resources needed to achieve each expected outcome.
- Provide a budget summary and justification.
- Provide an itemized list of expenditures which includes a brief description for each expenditure. Describe how each expenditure is connected to student learning outcomes/assessment.
Proposals need support from both the department and division. Here are some other criteria that we'll consider:
- Whether you have addressed all of the proposal requirements fully.
- How this proposal fits into the department's overall assessment strategy.
- How broadly the project impacts the department.
- If the proposal has the potential to reach its intended outcome.
- The potential impact on students.
- The clarity, organization, and coherence of the plan.
- How the plan makes efficient use of resources.